Thank you for visiting my publications page!
Here you’ll find work ranging from author interviews to travel tips and how-to articles.
Although not a comprehensive list of all my published work, this should provide an overview of the broad range of topics I have covered as a freelance writer. This does not include my extensive blogging work, which is all online at Retired Racehorse Blog and at That Dis Family.
I am always seeking new writing opportunities. Please feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in working with me.
Short Story contributor to Equestrian Culture Magazine. View the Holiday 2014 Issue free online and read Two Runaways: http://equestrianculturemag.com (Currently out of print.)
Interviews and Profiles
From Dappled Grey.com (Currently out of print.)
– Best Sellers and Blue Ribbons: Jane Smiley Talks Horses. An interview with Pulitzer-Prize winning author Jane Smiley.
– Dick Francis: Behind the Beloved Brit Author’s Brand. A profile of mystery writer Dick Francis.
– Essential Summer Reading: The Yonahlossee Riding Camp for Girls. Interview with debut author Anton Disclafani, plus a review of her novel.
Exploria Experiences: Corporate Blog for Exploria Resorts
Articles at TouringPlans.com:
- Disneyland Planning For Disney World Experts
- Disneyland Hotel: The Happiest Hotel on Earth Tour
- Disney Wildlife: Florida’s Native Birds
- Nature’s Wonderland: The Disney Wilderness Preserve
- Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
- Best Disneyland Candy: Candy Palace vs Trolley Treats
- Using Disneyland Touring Plans and the Lines App
- Disney World Play Areas for Toddlers
- Disney Character Meet & Greets: Strategies for Shy Children
- Appetizers Only at Carthay Circle Restaurant
- Menu Monday: Appetizers for Dinner at California Grill
- Disney World Winter Vacation: Planning For Pool Time?
- Disney World Reading List: Books for Before, During, and After Your Vacation
- Disney World Mini Golf — Which is Best For You?
- Historic Cocoa Village: Unique Shopping and Dining Near Port Canaveral
- Cape Canaveral Dining: Preacher Bar
Articles at Families Go! Travel:
Articles at the Glass Slipper Concierge Blog:
- Disneyland Resort: A Cooler Summer Destination
- Summer Nights at Walt Disney World
- Take a Peek Behind-the-Scenes (Walt Disney World Tours)
- Local Flavors: Sustainable Dining at Walt Disney World Resort
Human Interest & How-To Columns
From Cheer Biz News (PDFs available on request)
– Let’s Hear It For the Little Guys!: Feature article on independent gyms, including interviews with gym owners and coaches.
– Starting a Special Needs Squad: Instructional article on special needs cheerleading, including interviews.
– Parks and Recreation: Feature article on a cheerleading program in Wellington, FL.
– The Biz: Daily Operations: Columns on gym management and economics.
Equestrian Columns and Reviews
From Practical Horseman:
-The Break From the Gate: Personal voice column on racehorse training. (Click for article image file)
- “Expendable” – Short Fiction